Just a few links to resources I have found over the past weeks. Whilst I hope you find them useful, I’m really blogging these for my own benefit to remind me of them later :-)
- Using PowerShell for SharePoint 2010 in C# - http://blogs.technet.com/b/speschka/archive/2010/08/11/using-powershell-for-sharepoint-2010-in-c.aspx. Article from Steve Peschka on how you can use PowerShell scripting for SharePoint in C# code.
- SharePoint 2010 PowerShell Cheat Sheet - http://powergui.org/entry.jspa?externalID=2812. Useful quick reference guide on using PowerShell with SharePoint 2010.
- Stsadm to Windows PowerShell mapping - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff621084.aspx. For all those that still can’t get out of the Stsadm habit, this reference might help you make the switch.
- Add BackConnectionHostNames to the registry via PowerShell - http://sptwentyten.wordpress.com/2010/07/20/add-backconnectionhostnames-to-the-registry-via-powershell/. Yes, you can do pretty much the same thing with a .reg file, but it’s a nice use of PowerShell to perform a repeatable task and includes the option to restart the computer.
- Script to install SharePoint 2010 on Windows 7 - http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/ScriptCenter/en-us/a88cad83-f595-4487-940e-f678ce47eb5f. Must have taken Ram a while to write this one!
- PowerShell for SharePoint Admins – The REAL primer - http://blogs.technet.com/b/ritaylor/archive/2010/02/14/powershell-for-sharepoint-admins-the-real-primer-part-i.aspx. I particularly like the first couple of paragraphs to this article….describes how I feel about SharePoint development.
- Practical Windows PowerShell for SharePoint 2010 - http://www.sharepointjoel.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=362. Nice article that splits SharePoint & PowerShell skills into three levels and offers resources targeted for each one.