I haven’t posted one of these for a while, but there are quite a few great PowerShell resources amongst the SharePoint community, and I like to list a few of my favourite links on this site now and again so that I do not forget them.
- How to make 100 friends in SharePoint - http://guru-web.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-100-friends-in-sharepoint.html. Essential for your demo and dev environments, this script from Ivan Wilson creates 100 users in your Active Directory for use with permissions, user profiles, audiences, the Silverlight organisation chart, etc.
- Execute a PowerShell script from SharePoint Designer 2010 - http://cglessner.blogspot.com/2011/02/poweractivity-2010-advanced-sharepoint.html. Great custom workflow action from MVP Christian Glessner. You can also download others from his Codeplex page at http://ilovesharepoint.codeplex.com/releases/view/60840.
- Set Regional Settings Time Zone using PowerShell when provisioning a new site by Oscar Medina - http://blogs.sharepointace.com/post/SharePoint-2010-Set-Regional-Settings-Time-Zone-using-PowerShell-when-Provisioning-a-New-Site.aspx.
- Flush the cache for all Web applications in your SharePoint 2010 farm by Isaac Blum - http://blog.isaacblum.com/2010/12/27/flush-cache-sharepoint-2010-powershell/.
- Create a Web (i.e., site or sub-site) from a custom template in SharePoint 2010 - http://mkdot.net/blogs/darko/archive/2011/02/17/create-web-from-custom-template-in-sharepoint-2010.aspx. Script from Darko Milevski to create a new site in the farm using a custom site template – not as easy to do in SharePoint 2010 as it was in 2007.
- Introduction to PowerShell training - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nickmac/archive/2011/02/01/introduction-to-powershell-training.aspx. Nice set of videos published by Nick MacKechnie introducing the key basic concepts for learning PowerShell.
- Backup a SharePoint farm or site collection with e-mail notification - http://thecommunicator.co.cc/2010/12/07/automated-powershell-script-to-backup-sharepoint-farm-or-site-collection-with-email-notification/. Nice script from Mukesh Parmar, which completes a backup and then e-mails administrators with a status message.
- Save PowerShell To SharePoint by Brian Jackett - http://savepstosp.codeplex.com/. Automatically save PowerShell commands and scripts from the ISE editor to a versioned SharePoint document library. Release still in alpha stages, but worth a download if you’re looking for this functionality.